Teledentistry is rapidly gaining popularity, considering the severity of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Teledentistry is the mode of dental treatment where the dentist and patient do not come in physical contact but connect with each other online. The dentist sets up a secure line for the patient and diagnoses them over a telephonic call or a video call. Suitable treatment will be suggested, and the dentist will let you know if it is required immediately or can be postponed.
What are the advantages of teledentistry?
- Patients can consult the dentist remotely from their homes. This allows them to stay safe under such critical conditions.
- Patients need not skip their routine dental consultations due to the pandemic. They can get in touch with the dentist and have their bi-annual examination done.
- Teledentistry usually costs less in comparison to a face-to-face consultation.
- The dentist will let you know whether your oral condition is a critical one that requires immediate treatment, or if you can pick up the prescribed medication from your local pharmacy.
- The online session will be carried out over a secure line to ensure doctor-patient confidentiality.
- You no longer have to wait for long durations in the dentist’s practice. You will be allotted a specific time slot during which you can discuss your oral concerns with the dentist.
- If you have any dental emergencies, you can consult the dentist immediately to get a professional opinion.
Free consultations for new patients
Yes, you read that right! Dr. An is offering free online consultations for new patients to help them maintain optimum oral health without having to compromise. Over the past years, Dr. An has provided excellent quality dental care to hundreds of patients from San Francisco, CA, and is one of the most sought-after dentists in the area.
Call us or schedule an online consultation today and we can discuss further.