Invisalign uses a series of invisible, removable, and comfortable aligners to straighten your teeth without metal brackets or wires. The aligners are designed to move your teeth gradually into their proper position, based on the exact movements your dentist or orthodontist plans out for you. Each aligner is worn for about two weeks before being replaced by the next aligner in the set. You will visit your dentist every month or two to see how you’re progressing until you eventually have the straight smile you’ve always wanted.request an appointment
What can Invisalign aligners treat?
- Invisalign is used to treat mild to severe cases of teeth crowding.
- Misaligned or crooked teeth can be treated with Invisalign aligners.
- Invisalign aligners can be used to close gaps in your smile in a convenient and discreet manner.
- Invisalign aligners can be used to address mild cases of overbites, underbites, and crossbites.
- Invisalign aligners can correct an open bite by gradually shifting the teeth into proper alignment.
- Overjet, or when your upper teeth protrude far past your lower teeth, can be corrected using Invisalign aligners.
Benefits of Invisalign
- Invisalign aligners are clear, removable, and nearly invisible. That means you can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing. You can also maintain your professional appearance and enjoy the dramatic improvement of properly aligned teeth without feeling self-conscious.
- Invisalign aligners are removable, so you can eat and drink what you want during treatment by simply removing the aligners.
- With traditional braces, there are many nooks and crannies for food and plaque to get caught. With Invisalign, simply remove your aligners to eat, brush, and floss. Then, once your aligners are clean, replace them to continue your treatment plan. This makes it easy to keep your teeth healthy and clean.
- Invisalign works by using smooth plastic trays. There are no metal brackets or wires, which means that your teeth and gums won’t suffer irritation.
Invisalign treatment process
Invisalign treatment begins with a consultation. At this consultation, you will discuss the issues you are having with your teeth, and your provider will discuss your treatment options with you. If Invisalign is determined to be the right treatment for you, your provider will then take impressions of your teeth. The impressions will be sent to Invisalign, where they will be used to create your treatment plan.
Invisalign treatment consists of a series of clear aligners that are worn for 20-22 hours a day. Each aligner in the series is slightly different and is designed to gradually shift your teeth into place.
Call our office and request an appointment with Dr. An today for your Invisalign aligners.